GRANT AWARDS FOR COMMUNITY PROJECTS OUTLINE OF REQUIREMENTS AND PROCESS
Eligible Applicant requirements
• Applications will not be considered from individuals or commercial businesses.
• Applicants must have an open to all constitution, operating on a not for profit basis, including
charities and with a publicly known management board.
• A bank account with at least two signatories is required for payments.
• An approved year’s accounts or, if a start-up, a project plan.
• Based, operating in and/or carrying out projects benefiting people in the Tighnabruaich District.
What and how much will we consider for assistance
• Projects which meet the general aims of specific priorities in the Community Plan.
• Projects which demonstrate sustainability.
• Projects must demonstrate how the applicant will evaluate the project’s success.
• Applications will be prioritised in each round of funding on a competitive basis based on
criteria, which reflect the amount sought, the level of matched funding, the nature and extent
of community benefit and the viability of the project.
• The maximum to be considered for any project will be 50% of project costs, except in
exceptional circumstances or for small one-off grants. As the amount available year by year
will vary we may set a maximum amount for any one project in each year and share between
projects on that basis. It is recognised that matched funding may not have been secured at
the time of applying. The Trust may be able to offer assistance in this area in terms of
identifying other grant funding, but the application will have to demonstrate how this funding
will be obtained. Conditional awards may be made subject to securing of matched funding.
• The amounts and timing of payments to successful applicants will be by agreement between
What we will not fund
• Normal running costs or overheads of organisations although an element of project costs can
be allowed for overheads associated with the project.
• Projects which have no impact on the Tighnabruaich District communities.
What applicants will be asked to provide.